Volunteers are absolutely vital to EOC’s mission. It is only when we work together that we can make a real difference in our community. We are always looking for volunteers for a variety of positions. But are also open to your suggestions! If you have a specialty skill (marketing, photography, construction) that you’d like to offer, please let us know!
For more information about volunteering, please contact Angelo Calbone (518) 288-3206 ext. 137 or email@example.com.
- New! Food Pick-Up Driver: Help EOC make additional runs to the Regional Food Bank in Latham. Truck/SUV/Van needed.
- New! Food Pick-Up Assistant: Accompany driver to Regional Food Bank in Latham.
- New! Food Pick-Up Team: Volunteer with a friend to make an additional run to the Regional Food Bank in Latham.
- Food Pantry Assistant: Stock shelves, fill food orders, help carry food to cars, clean pantry and rotate stock.
- Soup Kitchen Assistant: Help prepare and serve food as well as set up and clean up.
- VITA: Help prepare tax returns in an ethical and confidential manner.
- ESL Tutor: Meet with students studying English as a Second Language and use an agreed upon curriculum.
- Community Services/Latino Advocate: Learn about public benefit programs and other social service programs to help families or individuals facing a crisis, such as homelessness, cold or hunger.
- Groundskeeper/Repair Person: Help keep the EOC building, including landscaping work, painting and light repairs.
- Event/Fundraising Volunteer: Help plan, organize and prepare fundraising events.
- Receptionist/Clerical Volunteer: Help answer the phone, greet customers, file papers and help with food pantry paperwork.
- Head Start Classroom Volunteer: Play with, talk to and otherwise engage with children during classroom meetings, learning center, library times and outdoor activities.
For a full list of opportunities and position descriptions, click here.