WIC is a federally funded supplemental nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is for income-eligible pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, infants and children up to age five.
- Breastfeeding and peer counseling support
- Nutrition education focused on your needs
- Ideas for easy physical activities that are fun and healthy
- Convenient hours, locations and services
- Referrals to other health and social services
- Individualized food packages
- Farmers Market Coupons (seasonal)
- And more!
What do I bring to my WIC appointment?
To make it easier for you to have the paperwork you may need for your WIC appointments, some WIC forms are now posted on the New York State Department of Health website: https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/nutrition/wic/
Call the WIC office at 518-288-3232. We’ll ask a few questions and if it sounds like you might be eligible for WIC, we will schedule an appointment for you!
- Everyone certifying for WIC must be present for the certification appointment. Height (length) and weight will be taken if current measurements are not available. Please also bring current hemoglobin results if available.
- Proof of all household income Income includes:
- Paycheck stubs – we need the most recent 4 weeks for everyone working in your household (if you have direct deposit make sure you pick up your stubs for your WIC appointment!)
- LES (military most recent full month)
- Proof of unemployment benefits
- Proof of child support / alimony
- Self-employed only – may use prior year income tax form
- Medicaid card(s) for everyone on Medicaid
- Food Stamps – bring the current Food Stamp Action Letter listing names on the Food Stamp case and eligibility period
- Foster care payments
- Proof of Identification for each applicant (ex., driver’s license, Social Security card, birth certificate)
- Proof of residency recent postmarked envelope, lease agreement, mortgage document, your utility bill, cable bill (no PO Boxes)
- Immunization records for each child applying for WIC
- Proof of pregnancy If you are pregnant you need to bring proof of pregnancy
WIC Income Guidelines (based on gross income)
(all states except Alaska and Hawaii, and D.C.)
(Effective through June 30, 2021)
|For each additional member add: