Head Start and Early Head Start are FREE federally funded programs for low-income pregnant women and children birth to age 5. Saratoga County EOC Head Start serves 434 children and pregnant women throughout Saratoga County. Children get ready for kindergarten through developing skills with reading, language, math, and socialization.
How are services delivered?
Preschool classrooms: 3- and 4-year-old children participate in full-day NYS daycare licensed classrooms including integrated classrooms for children with special needs and UPK classrooms for children who will be attending kindergarten in the next year. Many classrooms are open during the summer.
Toddler Rooms: Toddlers participate in a variety of activities in a safe, nurturing NYS daycare licensed room. Currently, we operate a toddler room at Saratoga Springs High School.
Home-based services: Parents and children participate in weekly home visits and regularly scheduled group activities called PACT’s (Parents and Children Together). Home visitors work with parents to achieve goals they have set for their children and themselves.
What parents are saying
My daughter loves her teachers and I feel like they love her too.
I appreciate the program so much. It has allowed me to work as a single parent and provide both my children with great early learning skills.
My kids love the teachers and look forward to Head Start every day.
My child feels safe and happy in his classroom and has formed great relationships with his teachers.
The best thing would have to be that my daughter is definitely ready for kindergarten.
I really enjoy this program. My home-based teacher is wonderful and very caring. My daughter has been becoming more outgoing.
They help the entire family – not just the children.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Family income must be at or below federal poverty guidelines.*
- Families must consist of a pregnant woman and/or children from birth to age 5.
- Families must live in one of our serving areas within Saratoga County*. Home-based services available in all districts.
- Ballston Spa School District. Classrooms located at Gordon Creek Elementary.
- Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake School District. Classrooms located at Halfmoon Heights in Halfmoon.
- Shenendehowa School District. Classrooms located at Halfmoon Heights in Halfmoon
- Corinth School District. Classroom located at Corinth Elementary.
- Galway School District. Home-based services only.
- Mechanicville School District. Classroom on Railroad Avenue in Mechanicville
- Saratoga Springs School District. Classrooms at Saratoga High School, Caroline Street, Greenfield Elementary and Jefferson Terrace.
- Schuylerville School District. Home-based services only.
- Stillwater School District. Classroom located on Railroad Avenue in Mechanicville.
- South Glens Falls School District. Classroom located on Reynolds Road in Moreau.
- Waterford-Halfmoon School District. Classroom located Halfmoon Heights in Halfmoon.
- *Serving areas follow local school district boundaries.
*10% of children may be over-income, but have special needs/circumstances that affect their well-being
|Persons in Family||Poverty Guideline 100%
|For families with more than 8|
persons, add $4,480 for each