Over the next few months, our food pantry will transition over to a choice pantry. This will allow customers to select their own food to complement items they may already have at home and craft the meals that work best for their family, rather than have a volunteer pick their food.
In addition, EOC will be working hard to increase our selection so customers have more items to choose from as well as increase our capacity for perishable foods such as meat, dairy and fresh produce.
EOC will also be featuring special sections that cater to specific customer needs including personal care items, women’s health and hygiene, baby products, homeless/motel items, heritage food items, special diet and pet care.
The pantry will undergo a renovation that will make it easier for customers to shop, including a checkout counter and new shelves.
To encompass these changes, the EOC food pantry will become known as “The Pantry at EOC” with the tagline “Wholesome food for all.” The goal is to help make sure people feel comfortable coming to the food pantry and promote the dignity of each person who needs our help.
We are fortunate to have amazing community partners to help with this transformation. Hannaford has provided a monetary donation to help cover the costs and Rebuilding Together will help provide labor and expertise to carry out the renovations.
The pantry will remain open during this transition.
Are you interested in getting involved? We have short-term and long-term opportunities available. Here are a few ways to get help!
- Donate or hold a food drive for non-perishable items. This will allow EOC to redirect funding to perishable items. Contact Angelo at email@example.com or 518-288-3206 ext. 137 for more information.
- Make a monetary or in-kind donation. Contact Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-288-3206 ext. 137 for more information.
- Donate items for our special sections. We are looking for personal care items, baby supplies and women’s health and hygiene products. Visit our Amazon Wish List to have items shipped directly to us or drop off donations at 39 Bath St.
- Sign up as a food pick-up driver. This will help us increase our capacity for perishable items such as dairy, meat and fresh produce. Learn more here.
- Sign up as a food pantry assistant. Our goal is to extend the hours the pantry is open. Visit our volunteer page here.
- Support May Day. Our biggest fundraiser of the year is May Day for Hunger and will be held May 16. Consider buying tickets, becoming a sponsor or donating a silent auction item. Learn more here.
- Sign up to help remodel our pantry. It’s all hands on deck! We’ll need extra help during the renovation process. Email Angelo Calbone at email@example.com or call 518-288-3206, ext. 137.
The EOC food pantry is located at 39 Bath St. in Ballston Spa. EOC is a nonprofit that has been in operation since 1965 and its programs include the soup kitchen, food pantry, rural food delivery, immigrant services, advocacy, Head Start, WIC and Weatherization.