The Energy Services Department at EOC consists of the Weatherization Assistance Program and the Empower NY program providing services to households in Saratoga and Schenectady counties.
Services that we provide
- Air sealing to reduce heat loss
- Insulation in walls and attics
- Heating system evaluation
- Indoor air quality assessments
- Energy efficient lighting and baseload reduction
- Incidental repairs to protect installed measures
Who is eligible
Homeowners and Renters. Eligibility for the household is based on the federal low-income guidelines. If a household has a member who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), food stamps, or HEAP benefits, the whole home is categorically eligible for the programs.
Weatherization Assistance Program 2019-20 Income Eligibility Limits
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) income eligibility limits for Program Year 2018-19 are shown below. These income eligibility limits are effective as of Nov. 1, 2018.
|Household Size||Monthly Income||Annual Income
How to apply
A joint Weatherization and EmPower NY application is available so we can coordinate both funding sources and provide the best energy-related repairs for the situation. A Spanish version is also available. The application and supporting documents can either be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at one of our two locations:
- Our Saratoga County office, located at 39 Bath St. in the Village of Ballston Spa. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. and by phone at 518-288-3206.
- Our satellite office, located at Schenectady County Community Action, 913 Albany St., Schenectady. That office is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and may be reached at 518-374-1702.
The Weatherization Assistance Program is funded through the New York State Home and Community Renewal (HCR) Energy and Rehabilitation Services bureau and is sub granted to Saratoga County EOC serving Schenectady and Saratoga counties.