No one should be hungry on Thanksgiving. Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council (EOC) works hard to turn that into a reality by providing Thanksgiving baskets to over 800 families in need throughout Saratoga County each year.
But we cannot do it without community support. There are a wide range of ways to help EOC provide a Thanksgiving meal to thousands of our neighbors.
- Make a monetary donation. EOC is able to secure certain items in bulk at a much lower cost than retail prices. Your donation of $45 provides a basket to a Saratoga County family in need.
- Host a food drive with your school, church, organization or workplace. There are certain items such as pie crust mix, biscuit mix and coffee that really make a difference to families on Thanksgiving Day that EOC may not be able to secure in bulk. EOC is happy to provide a shopping list and food drive flyers.
- Be a Donation Coordinator Volunteer. This position includes soliciting and coordinating donations of fresh produce.
- Be a Clerical Volunteer. This position includes inputting applications, placing reminder phone calls and tagging and organizing the baskets. This is a great long-term opportunity for the fall.
- Be a Packing and Distribution Volunteer. This position may include tasks like unloading the food, getting ready for the packing event, packing the bags just before Thanksgiving and helping distribute the baskets to families.
To make a donation, print a food drive flyer, look at the shopping list or sign up to be a volunteer, visit us at saratogaeoc.org/thanksgiving or email Gwen Matson at email@example.com.